Saturday, October 26, 2013

Ballot Complaint Dismissed


A complaint filed by independent 2nd District Assembly candidate Gary Stein, of Mullica Township, challenging the party placements and layouts of the ballot was dismissed Friday by Superior Court Judge, James Savio.
Judge James Savio said;
"My role as judge is to determine whether or not (County Clerk Ed) McGettigan's decision violates state election laws.  My role is not to substitute my judgement for the county clerk's judgement or the legislature's judgement.  To involve myself and order the county clerk to rewrite the ballot is overstepping the bounds imposed on me as a judge of the Superior Court."

Read more of the judges remarks and the rest of the story at:
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/breaking/judge-dismisses-independent-s-ballot-complaint/article_6a1b03d8-3dea-11e3-aa66-001a4bcf887a.html 

 

No comments: