Wednesday, September 02, 2015

EHC Howell's Pub Has Closed It's Doors

It is with a heavy heart that we make this final post. As of today, Wednesday September 2, Howell's Pub has closed its doors. We would like to thank all of our customers for the love and joy that you brought to our halls. Thank you for believing in our vision and supporting us through our time in business. We would also like to thank the family of dedicated employees that not only worked with a constant dedication to our vision but with a love and passion I have rarely seen in this business. You all gave all of your passion and love to the pub and made it the gem that it was. We would also like to give our thanks to Tom Ade who made the realization of this dream possible. Every time we thought we couldn't pull something off you brought a solution to the table and helped us. I have never met a man in my life that loves his town as much as you love this one. And finally to all the musicians who shared their music and love for music. Some of you adopted the pub as a place to hear and jam and love and that will warm my heart for the rest of my days. Thank you and Good Night


It's hard to express my emotion over the closing of Howells pub. I would like to thank everyone who gave their time passion and support. I would like to thank a short list of the people who made this accomplishment possible. James Howell for presenting this opportunity. Thank you for your dedication. Nicole Alex Lisa sandy Zach Conor Jesse Raquel Christi.... Thank you for representing us and talking to people about what we did there. To my kitchen staff....thank you for putting up with my demands in quality and my standards in a well kept kitchen. To my purveyors thank you for all that you've done from finding products to delivering them yourself when called upon. Thank you to Tw Howells for getting this business in our hands and trusting in what we were doing. Finally my biggest thanks to our guests..... We did this for you!!! We wanted to show you what food could be. We pushed ourselves mentally emotionally and physically to give you the best of homemade creative food. Thank you for believing and eating and posting but most of all thank you for the love you showed whenever you came in.
That all said.... I loved the pub with all my heart. There was no job that at some point I didn't do. Selling food... Bar tending cleaning trash cans mopping floors wiping down wood fixing this and that....it was given because I know it was needed. It endeared to the building... Gave me a sense that I wasn't just the chef. I poured my passion all over the pub and got it returned every time someone smiled after their first bite.... Every time I went to a table and people were too busy eating to talk. Today my heart is sad that the door has closed.... But I believe in this dream...not willing to give up just cuz it got tough. Once again from my heart thank you everyone involved.


No comments: