Thursday, November 11, 2010

Cedar Creek Football Team welcomes female player

Emily Kruger grew up playing soccer, and she played a few games this season for Cedar Creek High School, the new school in Egg Harbor City. But something was missing.

"I had talked with my dad this summer about trying football," said Kruger, who is now the junior varsity place-kicker at the school, which doesn't field a varsity team.

"I just wasn't enjoying soccer, and I'm friends with all the guys on the football team. My teammates have been 100 percent supportive. There's been nothing negative at all."  Click here to read more from the Press of Atlantic City.

2 comments:

Mullica Man said...

Emily Kruger is my SUPER HERO!!!!!!!

Xena said...

Great job,Emily!
This world needs more young women who know what they want, know what they're capable of doing and have the courage to be trail blazers.
Best of luck to you and the Cedar Creek team!!