Tuesday, May 05, 2009

CENSUS WORKERS

At each committee meeting there is an announcement made by either Foreman or Chasey (I don't remember which one) that the US Census is looking for workers and a phone number is given.

I actually applied to work for the census, took the test, obtained a decent score (23 right out of 28 with 10 right required to pass), but now, several weeks later, I have heard nothing from the census people. I was just curious as to whether any one else reading this blog applied and if they were hired.

I am thinking that either they had already hired the required workers by the time that I took the test, or that possibly there might be age discrimination involved as I am 69.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to book a meeting room at several branches of the Atlantic County library in February. Most of the rooms were unavailable, because they were booked for U.S. census workers.

My reply is a little off topic, but I hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

According to this link:

http://2010.census.gov/2010censusjobs/howtoapply.php

The hiring takes place between February through May 2009 for the 2010 census. There is also a regional site found here that lists local jobs:
http://www.census.gov/rophi/www/index.html

I would think they would prefer retired people to work for them, as it's a temporary type job and older adults would take the job more seriously.